Statewide Pro-Life Activities Coordinator
The Nebraska Catholic Conference exists to advocate for the public policy priorities of the Catholic Church and advance the Gospel of Life through engaging, educating, and empowering public officials, the Catholic faithful, and the general public.
POSITION TITLE: Statewide Pro-Life Activities Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 2020
POSITION STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time
The Pro-Life Activities Coordinator assists the Executive Director (ED) and the Associate Director for Pro-Life and Family (AD) of the Nebraska Catholic Conference (NCC) to unify and strengthen pro-life activities statewide across the three Catholic dioceses and their parishes.
- Executes the goal areas and strategies for pro-life activities according to the NCC’s three-year strategic plan.
- Regularly works and consults with the pro-life director for each Catholic diocese in Nebraska to collaborate and help execute pro-life activities across the state.
- Assists diocesan pro-life directors with recruiting, training, and maintaining pro-life coordinators for nearly 400 parishes.
- Develops relationships and collaborates with various Catholic parishes, organizations, diocesan offices, and other state and national pro-life organizations regarding “best practices” for pro-life activities and programming.
- Creates and distributes educational, prayer, and pastoral care materials for parish pro-life coordinators.
- Plans and coordinates various statewide pro-life events (e.g., annual Bishops’ Pro-Life Banquet and Conference, annual Pro-Life Mass).
- Updates and maintains a handbook for use by parish pro-life coordinators.
- Directs the statewide implementation of a post-abortion healing ministry.
- Speaks to various audiences on pro-life topics (e.g., abortion, euthanasia, biomedical issues).
- Partners with the Communications and Outreach Specialist to communicate with local, state, and national print and broadcast media on significant pro-life events.
- Assists the Associate Director of Pro-Life & Family Policy with certain pro-life legislative efforts pertaining to grassroots education and advocacy.
- Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses the highest standards of ethics and integrity in accordance with Catholic teaching and tradition.
- Conversant in Catholic social teaching, especially as it relates to protecting the sanctity of human life.
- Working knowledge of the Catholic Church’s structures, functions, and institutions.
- Understanding of and experience in catechesis and evangelization.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
- Possesses critical, creative, and innovative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated strength in planning and organizing.
- Demonstrated strength in decision-making and judgment.
- Willingness to travel throughout Nebraska.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in pro-life activities, catechesis/evangelization, or grassroots education and advocacy preferred.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and maintains insurance coverage for personal vehicle.
Submit Cover Letter and Résumé by Friday, September 25, to:
Nebraska Catholic Conference