The Nebraska Catholic Conference exists to advocate for the public policy priorities of the Catholic Church and advance the Gospel of Life through engaging, educating, and empowering public officials, the Catholic faithful, and the general public.
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 6 (or 13), 2020
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
The Office Assistant supports the mission of the Nebraska Catholic Conference by ensuring the efficient and effective business and office operations of a small non-profit organization. This includes responsibilities pertaining to accounting/bookkeeping, data entry, compiling reports, purchasing supplies, event planning and coordination, and interacting with the general public.
The job responsibilities will typically require 15-20 hours per week of work. Occasionally, more hours or work during an evening or weekend may be required depending on the circumstances (e.g., late-night legislative session, special event).
The Office Assistant must have a willingness and ability to support the mission of the universal and local Roman Catholic Church and full assent to all magisterial teaching.
- Maintain the office accounting system (QuickBooks) which includes management of accounts payable, revenue reconciliation, bank and credit card transaction analysis, and preparing budget reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and process invoices, deposits, EFT transactions.
- Communicate with and monitor bi-weekly payroll provider’s process and reports.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Oversee office equipment and servicing needs, such as ordering and organizing supplies, maintenance and troubleshooting of office equipment, and managing service contracts.
- Provide administrative support through activities such as sorting mail and organizing hardcopy and electronic materials.
- Assist with event planning and coordination for regularly scheduled activities (e.g., parish talks, annual pro-life banquet and conference, board of directors meetings, annual Catholic advocacy day), including tasks such as maintaining registration databases, logistical planning, and volunteer coordination.
- Assist the Executive Director and other NCC staff members with relevant duties and special projects/events, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses the highest standards of ethics and integrity in accordance with Catholic teaching and tradition.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on personnel and other sensitive matters.
- Proficient with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks, with a capacity to learn other products (e.g., advocacy network database, basic website development), as needed.
- Possesses excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strength in detailed planning and organizing.
- Ability to successfully pass a background and criminal history check and comply with all diocesan Safe Environment policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Business or equivalent accounting and office management experience.
- 3+ years of work experience with accounting/bookkeeping.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and maintains insurance coverage for personal vehicle.
Submit Cover Letter and Résumé by Friday, June 26, to:
Nebraska Catholic Conference
Ongoing interviews will be conducted during the weeks of June 22nd and June 29th.